When I received the call telling me that my husband had died from a COVID-19 infection, I couldn’t help but cry.

The hospital had never contacted me about the incident.

It was a shock.

As a nurse, I knew that my job was to care for the patients in my care.

I was responsible for ensuring that they received timely treatment.

As soon as the call came in, I began to frantically try to find answers.

The caller told me that the patient had been admitted to the hospital in critical condition.

I knew immediately that he was dead.

I started screaming in the room.

The staff was stunned and I felt so terrible.

I didn’t know what to do.

I felt like a criminal, like I was going to be in jail for the rest of my life.

The only thing I could think of was to go back to work.

The nurses were horrified.

They told me to go and get a taxi and they would take me to the nearest hospital.

I couldn´t believe what I was seeing.

I went to the next room, which was the ER.

I tried to hide the tears in my face as the staff stared at me.

When I was finished with my tears, I walked away, crying.

The next morning I was in the ER again, crying for my husband.

My heart ached.

It felt like I had died.

I cried again, but this time I couldn`t hold back anymore.

I rushed to the car and drove him to the nearby hospital.

The ER doctor was shocked.

He said, ‘You have to do something’.

He didn`t give me any reason, but I knew I had to do it.

I drove him back to the house and he called my husband, telling him I had come to the ER and asked him to come over to my house.

I told him, ‘Please don´t come.

Please don´ t come because I have to go to the emergency room’.

He was so shocked.

The nurse told me they could find out what happened from the patient, but she was afraid to tell him that he had died, because he would think that it was my fault.

He had a very bad fever and he had pneumonia.

The infection had spread from the chest to his lungs and he was already on his death bed.

The following day, my husband arrived at the hospital with a chest infection.

I could see from his breathing that he would be dead soon.

I got the patient in the operating room and asked for a CT scan.

I had never seen a CT before, but my husband is a cardiologist.

I saw the CT images and my heart started beating faster.

I screamed at the nurses to get a chest CT.

I don´ts know if they knew what was happening.

I thought my husband would die because I had seen the CT scan pictures.

It didn´t take long before they gave me the news that he died from pneumonia.

I wanted to scream and cry, but there was no time.

I left the room and went to my husband´s room.

He was sitting on the bed.

I asked him, `What are you doing?` I asked my husband if he knew what happened.

He looked at me and smiled.

He then said, `I am sorry, I know nothing’.

I wanted my husband to know that I was not mad.

I said to him, �I will do whatever you want, but you have to leave.

You have to take care of yourself, I am not going to let you live.

I want you to live for the family that you love.’

I felt really bad for him, but he knew that it had to be done.

I made sure that the other nurses who were there with me would stay with him, because I needed my husband there.

He could hear me from the operating table and he said, �You don´trick me.

I know you want to die, but please do it now.’

I said, [laughing], `No, I want to live.

You need to take the medicine that you need.

I need to go home and see my kids and my wife and I will be okay.’

I could feel him relax, but still he was shaking.

I remember looking at him and he looked so sad, but then I remembered that I had just said that.

I smiled and I hugged him.

I am so thankful that I kept my composure and that I did everything I could.

He went home, I took care of him and then we went to work, where I was assigned to a new job as a nurse.

My job was not a part-time one.

It went on for four years, and I kept busy, doing everything I was trained to do, even when it meant getting sick.

I never thought that I would end up in the hospital, but it happened that way.

I kept thinking about my husband and what he would have